...AND THe Best Practices to help you safely
reach your destination*
See our experience
- Adopt a project management methodology and use it consistently.
- Implement a philosophy that drives the company toward project management maturity.
- Commit to developing effective plans at the beginning of each project.
- Minimize scope changes by committing to realistic objectives.
- Recognize that cost and schedule management are inseparable.
- Select the right person as the project manager.
- Provide executives with project sponsor information, not project management information.
- Strengthen involvement and support of line management.
- Focus on deliverables rather than resources .
- Cultivate effective communication, cooperation, and trust.
- Share recognition for project success with the entire project team.
- Eliminate nonproductive meetings.
- Focus on identifying and solving problems early, quickly, and cost effectively.
- Measure progress periodically.
- Use project management software as a tool – not as a substitute for effective planning or interpersonal skills.
- Institute a training program based on documented lessons learned
*Taken From Harold Kerzner, Project Management: A Systems Approach to Planning, Scheduling, and Controlling, 11thEdition.